A great website will bring in a great business. It will do miracles and convert the visitors into loyal customers. Does your website design also fall into this category? If not, then you need to think a big time.
What makes a great web design? What are the features or characters that a web developer needs to incorporate in a perfect website? This article will tell you in details about developing an influential website for any kind of business.
1. Users’ requirements: A good website will think only about the needs of the target audience. What are they looking for? Information? Entertainment? Guidance? Advice? Solutions? Or simply communicating with you? There must be everything on your website that the users are looking for. Good content and SEO services will play a major role here.
2. Font and Size of the Content: This is the most basic requirement. Content size and font directly affects the comfort of reading. Verdana, Calibri, Ariel, etc., are the preferred fonts generally. The size also must be well tested before making it live.
3. Clear Call to Action: Today’s audience is always in rush and wants the information quickly. So, ensure that the content on the website is easy to read and access. Also, there should be ‘call to action’ buttons throughout the website. Content should be well organized with clear attractive titles and subheadings. The sentences should be small. Usually, the information should be in bullets or pointed pattern.
4. Colors: Color effects are entertaining and engaging if well-thought while designing a website. Do not use the color combinations which are unpleasant to the eyes. Colors of content, images, buttons, background, etc. must be wisely blended. Colors affect moods and emotions, hence vibrant colors must be used rarely. White space must be properly used for an uncluttered look.
5. Images and Videos: A picture speaks thousand times better. Incorporating right images, infographics and videos will prove to be very much influential for your business. It is a crucial feature of a good web design.
6. Functional website with ease of navigation: Make it easier for the users to access anything. The pages, videos, buttons, must not hang. Everything on the website must load easily within 3-5 seconds of clicking. We all hate a website that takes ages to load. A web developer must take care of these points.
7. Mobile Responsive: As we know everyone accesses the web world on smartphones, make sure your website is mobile friendly for any OS.
8. “F” pattern design and grid-based layout: The eyes read the content in “F” pattern; it is the usual flow of reading. Most important points must fall on the top left of the web page. Also, do not place the content randomly that looks messy. Use grid-based layout for this.
One can create a beautiful website with these points in mind which will be a useful and engaging experience for the audiences.
This article will be much helpful for web design Sydney, Melbourne, Australia, Perth, etc. It will also be beneficial for SEO services Melbourne, Australia, Perth and Sydney. Any website builder company must consider these points and boost their business.
Guidelines for every new WordPress developer. Scale the heights by applying these tips.
WordPress is a widely used open source blogging tool and content management system. Over 19% of the top 10 million websites have been built using WordPress, as of now. It is the widely used blogging tool all over the world. There is a huge number of aspiring WordPress developers across the globe. Being a WordPress developer is not an easy job. Every day, a lot of advancements and changes take place in the trend. A developer needs to be fully accustomed to the ongoing changes and recent development. In this article, I will try to help the aspiring WordPress developers on how to deal with the complexities and some useful tips to achieve the applause for being a perfect WordPress developer.
A developer can achieve two states that is – average or best in the profession. By reading tutorials and installing WordPress, you cannot call yourself the best and expert developer. For attaining the position of an expert professional, you need to cross all the boundaries and carve out a niche for yourself. Understand the difference between REST and BEST developer.
Start your learning process with basic things like:
Inculcate habit of reading
As a beginner you need to do lots of study. If you are working somewhere and don’t have enough time, then at least spare one hour for reading, each day. It is not possible to gobble up all the knowledge in one day, so give time for reading on a daily basis. Start a research on WordPress resources, read books and blogs. WordPress Codex is one of the best places to learn. It is a community-edited storehouse of knowledge.
Every year, Google introduces some drastic updates which affect the visibility of many websites on search engines. Recently, Google revealed a new update called Hummingbird. According to SEO experts, this is the biggest update enforced by Google this year. A wave of complaints about the ranking shift was observed in SEO forums on some dates – 12 September 2013, 5 September 2013 and 25 August 2013. The Google revealed this update in front of the world on September 27, 2013, but in reality it was put into effect in August only. We do not comment on the exact date, because only Google knows the exact date, when Hummingbird was rolled out.
If you have been hurt by Hummingbird, then let us try to assess its impact and what is needed to overcome this new challenge.
Read some comments from people about this update
Change is always good. Like everything web designing also undergoes some types of changes, every year. With the passing days, some trends become outdated. As a web design company, we need to follow all the recent trends. Here, we will discuss some disappearing and outdated web designs in World. If a web designer uses out-of-date trends, then it will create a bad impression.
Old parallax scrolling
Parallax scrolling has gained some popularity over the past few years, but now the trend is vanishing. Such type of design is not SEO-friendly; only 2 to 3 keywords can be used for the whole site. This type of design also loads very slowly, because all the content of site is present in one file.
Avoid excessive retouching
The trend of showing reality will be appreciated. Excessive retouching on models will not help in selling the products. Hence, show real models to people, so that they can relate with them.
Long video on homepage
Long social media videos will not attract users. The videos lasting for only 5 to 10 seconds will gain popularity. So get rid of long storytelling videos.
Excessive fields in form
Don’t give extensive contact forms to users. Now days, no one has time to complete all the fields. Don’t ask tons of information; keep the form short and precise.
Gone are the days of flash intros and animation. Users get irritated, if there is music on website. My advice is to keep the website design simple with few features. Don’t use too much icons and design elements. The users get confused with lots of elements due to this they can navigate away from your page also.
Don’t use multiple fonts. Put limitations on use of different fonts in logos and websites.
Circular logo with script font
Till now, the circular script logo has been used so extensively, that people have got tired of it now. It is widely over used type of logo.